Year One: Survival Edition FAQ

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Mar 31, 2015.

1. CharlieChainsaw

CharlieChainsaw Here To Help

I cleared the cache last week. It appeared to make it somewhat better. But last night it was unbearable. It's not an imported game file. It's a new game save on my same Gamertag as my 360 version.

2. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Are you playing online or offline?

3. CharlieChainsaw

I'm online.

4. Undead Nicole

Will you do me a favor and try playing offline for about 20 minutes? See if you get a better experience?

5. CharlieChainsaw

So sign my Xbox One completely off of Internet?

Edit: Sorry. My phone double posted.

6. Undead Nicole

Yeah. I want to see if it has anything to do with your connection. At this point anything is possible. :)

7. CharlieChainsaw

I'll try it. But every other game I play online runs flawlessly. I'll try tonight and update later.

8. this game does not have a solid 30 fps; in the city hall area, it seems more like 20

SangesTheLurker likes this.
  9. Is there some special way to unlock Gurubani? I have tried transferring my save from the Xbox 360, I have tried using different gamertags, I've tried even deleting my game and starting fresh and I still can't get this character to unlock.

"Q: Do I get anything for upgrading?

A: Definitely. If you get YOSE on the same digital platform where you bought the original (Steam to Steam, XBox 360 to Xbox 1), using the same account name, you’ll get:

Automatic 33% discount
    Exclusive hero, Gurubani, and her exclusive weapons: Her father’s Indian cavalry sword, and a suppressed rifle."

10. AblativMeatshld

AblativMeatshld Here To Help

Once you establish a home (The church, the LZ, whatever) pull up your radio menu (down on the D-Pad) and there should be an option labeled "extra survivor" or some such.

If it isn't there, make sure you bought YOSE on the same account you bought the original on.

11. I did, I got my 33 percent discount, and all the DLCs with that bundle. I have made it through town and I've played for quite a bit in and all I get on the radio is the pepper pack, no extra survivor

12. Genious

Genious Here To Help

Will there be any further updates/bug fixes for the Xbox 360 version? Someone directed me here to ask.

13. Han solo

Han solo Here To Help

I don't believe so. I think the 360 version is as good as it will get

14. AblativMeatshld

AblativMeatshld Here To Help

I think the answer earlier was along the lines of "there won't be any major patches for any existing issues, but if something game-breaking crops up they would certainly deal with it."

but I would never dream of speaking for the fine, fine people at UL.

Kid Kayole and Genious like this.
  15. Genious

Genious Here To Help

@Undead Nicole (@admin?), will the Xbox 360 be getting any future updates and/or bugfixes?

16. Undead Nicole

Hi Genious. It's under discussion at the moment. I'm afraid I don't have any more information than that.

I'm not sure which way it will go (but we're hoping for a positive outcome all around.) Thank you so much for your patience while we hammer out the details. :)

ThatChristmaskid and Genious like this.
  17. Genious

Genious Here To Help

Oh cool, thank you for your response, Nicole! (Many PR people would have simply dodged the question for as long as possible. I'm looking at YOU, Blizzard!) I hope the 360 version does get some cool stuff as I still play on it (thanks to Zombie Kitty!), and as much as I like the XboxOne version it still has an awful lot of legacy bugs (truck flipping? Nooooo!!!!) and that character-switching loading screen is a turn-off considering how often I have to switch chars in Breakdown as it is. :(

18. Good Lorde

Good Lorde Got Your Back

@Undead Nicole I see there is an update today. What does the update consist of?

Hawaiian likes this.
  19. Undead Nicole

We haven't rolled out an update. :( Can you grab a screen of it for me please?

We released a day one content update. I cannot imagine though, that you are only receiving it now. You should have gotten it when you downloaded the game. Can you check your downloads for me and see if you got CU1 and CU2?

EDITED: I need you to check your version number for me please. Highlight SoD and Press RT+LT+View. A banner will popup with the version number.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  20. Good Lorde

Good Lorde Got Your Back

image.jpg

Here ya go @Undead Nicole (let the public bask in the glorious numbers)