YOSE Content Update 4 Patch Notes

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Wayne

Wayne Here To Help

You may end up being the opposite of excited if this has not been fixed. From the sounds of it all of your characters will likely be dead if we still have only a 30% of actually hitting anything in melee. But then again we have the ability to make bullets & bombs, plus the ability to call in airstrikes/artillery and the strategy will just change significantly. I will call my new YouTube Series "Bumper Gravy & Bombs" I will be live streaming Level 99 at 8 CST if steam has the patch ready.

2. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

I also have this sometimes (Using a PC). Its only with some melee weapons. They work fine, then when I shoot a couple of Zeds and then go to use the melee weapon, it looks like I am hitting the Zed with the firearm. It still kills them, but does not add the kill to the score card. If I switch melee weapon (I always carry 2), the second one works fine.

3. Dantron

Dantron Here To Help

Dantron waves to everyone excited about this patch. :)

4. davideassis

davideassis Starting Off

Fullscreen doesn't works and shadows are flickering as hell in 4K in this new update. :(

5. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Then you should be just fine. :)

David, can you toss up your dxdiag for me please? I want to look at what drivers you have.

Ghosting should have been fixed. I'll check it out as soon as my patch loads in on PC, but we think we got it.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    maltriagon likes this.
  6. davideassis

davideassis Starting Off

@Undead Nicole Here! I have a GTX680 and I tested in 1920x1080 and 3840x2160. The performance is fine so far... the problem is only fullscreen and shadow flickering.

Attached Files:

7. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

David, looking at your dxdiag - you're GPU drivers are in need of an update. Also, it looks like you've got some other issues that Windows Errors is reporting. That is likely the cause of your troubles in this instance. Please update and correct the errors and let me know if that resolves it for you.

Cejao and CazRock1 like this.
  8. jpsled

jpsled Starting Off

Just downloading the update now. Love the sound of the BIG increase in difficulty !

Hope the framerate is sorted though.

9. Level 99 is wayyy scarier now... TWENTY zombies per horde. Go defend yourselves at The Alamo now! Bahahaha :D

Stalking a Level 99 Horde
    2015-11-18 (4).jpg

Triggered 3 hordes at once and got caught jumping the wall
    2015-11-18 (3).jpg

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  10. davideassis

davideassis Starting Off

I'm using the latest geforce driver available (358.91) and I even tried with Razer Cortex to disable all other stuff including the explorer.exe. And I'm not the only with the problem... in Steam other users are reporting graphical problems too. :(

Cejao likes this.
  11. troy pulcifer

troy pulcifer Here To Help

cant wait to get home and download this new patch!!! woohoo!!

MonPrinCyCLoPe likes this.
  12. davideassis

davideassis Starting Off

I reinstalled the gpu driver (clean installation) and solved the fullscreen problem so far... but I still getting shadow flickering with 4K.

13. Yellow

Yellow Got Your Back

Cool stuff!

Just a question, is this gonna be the final YOSE patch/content update or are there plans to further improve the game? The rework of the car repair system sounds great and shows that you guys can really improve upon things when you set your minds to it, there are a few other aspects in the game that could use the same love.

14. davideassis

davideassis Starting Off

Forget it... fullscreen only worked properly one time. When I restarted the game the problem come back.

I give up.

Cejao likes this.
  15. maltriagon

maltriagon Here To Help

Hmm. I sometimes just phase out of the zombie not hitting it at all. I only hit zombies about 70 percent of the time. Doesn't matter what weapon I use. I think we have two similar but different glitches.

16. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Got Your Back

That looks like a great update! thanks :)
    I have one question though:

Did you add an option to switch between the different pre-order knives?
    Or what does "Fix for some users unable to have all DLC" installed mean?

17. I think this is a reference to the Pre-order knife, Gurubani and SUV bonuses not all working together for some console players. You could only have 1 or 2 installed but not all 3? I remember seeing threads about it in the Bugs section.

18. Any Work on the frozen leaderboards?!?
    I man this Problem exist since almost 3 years!!!! And for some People Like me with over 750 hours of playing SoD it would a Motivation to rank up.
    And with all respect... a small Tipp for the future...!!!

Dont Do things in your games if you Dont get it to Work.

Greetings from germany.

19. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Got Your Back

Yes that's likely. I had the issue myself but there was a workaround. It'd have been nice if they added an option to select a specific knife though. Right now you have to delete the ones you don't want and install only the one you want to equip...

20. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Its been working again on the PC Board.