YOSE: Steam Patch 4/29/15

Discussion in 'For PC Players Only' started by Undead Nicole, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

HALLO! And welcome to YOSE's very first Steam patch!

If you would, please sit back, relax, buckle your seat belts and get ready for some bug smashing. Not too many this time. We wanted to make sure we did them right.

This is what we did:
    - Fixed an issue on imported save games that was causing the incorrect rucksacks to be looted from specific supply loot locations (finding boxes of ammo from gas cans)
    - Fixed an issue on imported save games that caused Cleo drops to spawn as invisible
    - Fixed a bug with several achievements that were not being awarded to the player when the criteria was fulfilled

As always, thank you for helping us find these bugs and thank you so very much for your support! If you run into any issues with these changes please let us know in the comments.

Otherwise, please post your bugs in the Bug Forum - https://forums.undeadlabs.com/forums/state-of-decay-bugs.15/

JPG619, Rock33B, soundcreepy and 7 others like this.
  2. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

3. Undead Nicole

You are so welcome Futter! (big hug)

4. MattyDienhoff

MattyDienhoff Here To Help

I love changelogs. :D

Thanks Nicole!

spacemousetw and Undead Nicole like this.
  5. QuarantineRoad

QuarantineRoad Here To Help

Thank you, Nicole! :)

6. rkade8583

rkade8583 Got Your Back

Jesus Christ that was quick... *looks at list* Ah. That explains it. Thanks for the quickie patch. Any info on the #1 Nicole?

Amelia Crasman likes this.
  7. AirwolfUSAF

AirwolfUSAF Here To Help

As always, great effort on Undead Labs part. Always on top of squashing bugs when you have the right intel. Thank you Nicole

QuarantineRoad and Rock33B like this.
  8. Beakie

Beakie Got Your Back

as Marcus would say Niicce ....

9. Rock33B

Rock33B Here To Help

Thanks Nicole and UL. :)

LiNanMian1984 likes this.
  10. Changelogs are nice, bug squashing is always welcome =) thanks Nicole, thanks UL team!

Here's hoping the next patch will let me play in 2560x1080 without hacks and with better UI ;) coz this is... kinda... awful =(

2015-04-30_00002.jpg

2015-04-30_00003.jpg

Genious likes this.
  11. Thank you :D

12. Thanks for the quick update !

Not sure if anyone else had posted , I didn't see it in my limited search but in Yose when you get to the church and meet Sam Hoffman she's wearing a new tee shirt that says
    Ask about my
    BIG
    D!CK

I saw the gameinformer post about the subcontractor hiding phalluses in the background awhile back and figured they may have tweaked Sam's tee-shirt as well.

LiNanMian1984 likes this.
  13. Rock33B

Rock33B Here To Help

Is there a bounty on any phalluses that we find in YOSE and discreetly report? :)

14. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

That's Sam's original shirt. You'll see zombies with the shirt also. :)

Those have already been removed from YOSE. If I remember Brant said they went through all of the textures while they were updating them and took them all out.

proveisso and Rock33B like this.
  15. Ahh, Thanks guys guess I didn't notice it until the higher rez.

I'm loving the remastered edition. I think my original game install was borked, there are things happening that I've never seen before, it was like I was playing a beta game. :/

nartazen likes this.
  16. Corwyhn

Corwyhn Here To Help

Never really paid attention to Steam for other games but this is YOSE. Do steam patches to games just happen automatically?

17. boots39

boots39 Starting Off

um where do you get the patch?

18. SilentResident

SilentResident Got Your Back

Awww, dear Nicole, I want a hug too! I am jealous :rolleyes:

Ok now to our subject: One of the SoD modding experts in the forums, said that the reason the State of Decay's modding tools are no longer working for YOSE version of the game, is due to encryption added to the .pak files. If it is the case, can we expect that the encryption of the files be lifted in one of the next update patches? Pretty much, modding of the new game is impossible for as long as the encryption is present in the game's files. :(

Source:

And by the way, thanks alot for the update patch! Appreciated! :)

Edit: Nevermind, found this, question is now answered! :D

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    MattyDienhoff likes this.
  19. Undead Nicole

It's something that we're looking at. The structure shouldn't have changed there, so we need to take a week peek under the hood. :) I'm hoping for more information next week.