YOSE: Steam Patch 4/29/15

Discussion in 'For PC Players Only' started by Undead Nicole, Apr 29, 2015.

1. SilentResident

SilentResident Got Your Back

OK thanks, you make me so happy, your responses to people's questions are surprisingly quick. You are awesome.

2. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

I do try. :)

I also try to take some time off. So you may not hear much from me for the next two days. :) Just fair warning.

SilentResident and Rock33B like this.
  3. is it just me, or anything higher than "min specs", inside the game, makes shadows glitch?
    I took some screenshots but only of the glitch itself, not of when the shadows were showing correctly, so I don't know if anyone else will be able to identify on the screenshot...
    Not on trees, but on the ground. On this screenshot, the noted area (when not glitech) had shadows all over it. With the glitch, it gets some lighting....

2015-04-30_00005.jpg

Yellow likes this.
  4. MattyDienhoff

MattyDienhoff Here To Help

Pretty much. As long as you're connected to the internet Steam will automatically check for updates every so often, and if it finds one the default behaviour is for it to download and apply the patch automatically too.

See above.

I see what you mean. I haven't encountered that issue myself.

Looks like your minimap is misbehaving too. Was this immediately after switching resolutions? Does restarting the game help?

[Sorry about the double post, I meant to edit my last one. :p ]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  5. boots39

boots39 Starting Off

6. that happens when playing at higher res than 1920x1080 (in my case, it was 2560*1080 fullscreen - I'm now playing at 2550x1000 windowed) - using these instructions

7. Undead Nicole

Post your dxdiag for me please?

8. Hey there Nicole! =) Sure thing, there you go!

Attached Files:

9. Undead Nicole

Okay 2 things.

1. May want to get whql drivers for your soundcard :) It will mess thigns up.
    Sound Tab 4: The file xspltspk.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

2. Your GPU driver has been updated. 4/9 I believe. :)
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Device
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11C2&SUBSYS_128119DA&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 4037 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1989 MB
    Shared Memory: 2048 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (50Hz)
    Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
    Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.4788 (English)
    Driver Version: 9.18.13.4788
    DDI Version: 11
    Feature Levels: 11.0,10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.3
    Graphics Preemption: DMA
    Compute Preemption: DMA
    Miracast: Not Supported
    Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Supported
    Power P-states: Not Supported
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 3/13/2015 16:41:47, 17258024 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes

10. Nicole,

Sound tab 4 is from XSplit Broadcaster/Gamecaster's sound driver, a game streaming app.

According to nVidia, version 350.12, released on 4/13 only brings improvements for GTA V. - http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/83819/en-us

Installed version is 347.88, release date 3/17. - http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/83080/en-us

2015-05-04_02h35_19.png

Also...
    This part seems wrong. But it seems you're considering only Display 1 - which is (strangely enough) my secondary display. The main one is Display 2:

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Device
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11C2&SUBSYS_128119DA&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 4037 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1989 MB
    Shared Memory: 2048 MB
    Current Mode: 2560 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: LG ULTRAWIDE
    Monitor Id: GSM5A6A
    Native Mode: 2560 x 1080(p) (59.978Hz)
    Output Type: DVI
    Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
    Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.4788 (English)
    Driver Version: 9.18.13.4788
    DDI Version: 11
    Feature Levels: 11.0,10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.3
    Graphics Preemption: DMA
    Compute Preemption: DMA
    Miracast: Not Supported
    Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Supported
    Power P-states: Not Supported
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 3/13/2015 16:41:47, 17258024 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes

11. Undead Nicole

Just posting what I see. :) I'd still update your GPU. They say it was for GTA (And I have the same card so I didn't update at first and experienced some issues with other games and it fixed when I updated) but drivers are wonky yeah? So I'd just do it to have the latest whql version.

12. ok, graphics updated, let's see this...

Meanwhile, Nicole, as community manager, can you share any info if there's plans to fix and truly enable ultrawide resolutions on the game? Using a workaround like -devmode on the launch command, and user/autoexec/system.cfg files (as mentioned on another topic) only KINDA works, since the minimap gets displaced, and UI doesn't take the advantage of all the available new area (the minimap displace bug can be seen on that previous screenshot - https://forums.undeadlabs.com/threads/yose-steam-patch-4-29-15.48281/page-2#post-675338)

does the forum supports animated gifs? I got to make one where the shadow problem is pretty visible - pay attention to the right shadowy passage.

All three shots were taken from the exact spot, I only changed view angle. Most of the shadows are consistent, but some seem to bug, making even forms that have no reason to be there. And all this goes away, with shadows being consistent again, if I put settings in Min Specs.

shadow problems.gif

Oh, also! The image was resized from 2550*1000 Windowed (my preferred game mode is fullscreen windowed, in this case would be 2560*1080 - and here, I must praise the Undead Labs, for SoD is one of the few FPS/TPS games that behaves nicely pausing the game and multitasking away from it - and then back again).

And the UI problem I mentioned earlier:
    2015-04-30_00003.jpg
    The home status don't seem to really care on the map view, but during game... it's weird that it's placed in the middle of the screen, don't you think?
    2015-05-02_00002.jpg
    (OH! and I caught Maya sleep-floating on the Snyder Trucking Warehouse! =p )

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  13. Undead Nicole

We are aware of the ultrawide resolution issues. We're looking into them.

14. thanks Nicole! =D awesome to hear that!

15. Awesome if we could get a fix or decent workaround for the Ultra Wide Screen issue.

16. Its sweet Nicole.
    Bring THEM UP !!!
    btw, not try any gossip, but is it true you guys already made 3rd map pass the wall ?
    I hope its true, Amen!!!
    PS: I hope there will be bike or ATV, or shooting from the car, it will be awesome.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  17. nartazen

nartazen Got Your Back

can you please describe for me all of the changes that you noticed in the difference between the original breakdown and the new edition break down. I bought the new edition but I have not played it yet. So I was just wondering if you could tell me what the differences are thanks so much

oh yes and what do you mean by beta games. pardon my ignorance just wondering what that means exactly we all deserve to live
    OK. I understand beta term UOTE="DarkFoss, post: 675111, member: 86061"]Ahh, Thanks guys guess I didn't notice it until the higher rez.

I'm loving the remastered edition. I think my original game install was borked, there are things happening that I've never seen before, it was like I was playing a beta game. :/[/QUOTE]
    Ok

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015
  18. Yellow

Yellow Got Your Back

It is been over a month since the small hot-fix for the saves, can we expect a proper patch anytime in the near future?

Faydark and Beakie like this.
  19. Doesn't look like it, its been nearly a month since visiting this forums and looks like nothing has changed, I've requested for refund from steam to many things are broken to make this game enjoyable.

20. Bertman

Bertman Starting Off

Hello Nicole, nice to see the labs is hard at work fixing things. But my question is: are you still going to do patches for the regular SoD also? For instance I have seen that the simulation bug replacing your snacks/painkillers/incendiaries is fixed in Yose. But this bug is still very much alive in regular SoD. So are the bugs that were fixed in Yose also going to be fixed in regular SoD or are these Yose exclusives?